FARM TO SCHOOL TEAM
Tuesdays & Fridays, 8:30-12
Harvest Mornings! Many hands needed! We are seeking a 2 hour minimum commitment, weekly, for at least 6 weeks. Learn about organic growing, soil health, harvesting techniques and more while supporting farm to school.
CHICKEN CARE TEAM
*All shifts currently covered.
Love hens? Want to learn more about how to care for them? Join the chicken care team! It's a once a week, afternoon/early evening commitment of about 20 minutes. Learn more here. This is a family friendly volunteer opportunity.
OPEN VOLUNTEER HOURS
Thursday & Saturday, 8:30-12
Want to come by and see what farm volunteering is all about? Only have intermittent time to help? Join us during open hours for an hour or more; many hands make light work!
WHAT TO BRING:
- Gloves (if you have them)
- Sun/weather protection
- Farm appropriate clothing and shoes
*Plan to get dirty!
- Reusable water bottle
WHERE TO GO:
- 441 Quail Gardens Drive; Encinitas
- Sign in on the west deck of building 9 and plan to dig in!
- If you prefer to review and/or sign a waiver prior to your first visit, you can access one here.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Tasks vary and include harvesting, seeding, weeding, transplanting, bed prep, post harvest help, and more.
- You are welcome to stay for an hour or stay the whole time. Up to you!
- Volunteer work is appropriate for participants 14 years of age or older.
*Volunteer hours are canceled on rainy days for the health and safety of our volunteers.