FARM TO SCHOOL TEAM
Tuesdays & Fridays, 8-12
Harvest Mornings! Many hands needed! We are seeking a 2 hour minimum commitment, weekly, for at least 6 weeks. Learn about organic growing, soil health, harvesting techniques and more while supporting farm to school.
CHICKEN CARE TEAM
*All shifts currently covered.
Love hens? Want to learn more about how to care for them? Join the chicken care team! It's a once a week, afternoon/early evening commitment of about 20 minutes. Learn more here. This is a family friendly volunteer opportunity.
OPEN VOLUNTEER HOURS
Want to come by and see what farm volunteering is all about? Only have intermittent time to help? Join us during open hours for an hour or more; many hands make light work!
Farm Lab Volunteer Interest Form
WHAT TO BRING:
- Gloves (if you have them)
- Sun/weather protection
- Farm appropriate clothing and shoes *Plan to get dirty!)
- Reusable water bottle
WHERE TO GO:
- 441 Quail Gardens Drive; Encinitas
- Sign in on the west deck of building 9 and plan to dig in!
- If you prefer to review and/or sign a waiver prior to your first visit, you can access one here.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Tasks vary and include harvesting, seeding, weeding, transplanting, bed prep, post harvest help, and more.
- Volunteer work is appropriate for participants 14 years of age or older.
*Volunteer hours are canceled on rainy days for the health and safety of our volunteers.